Thursday, August 19, 2010

Trip to Europe second part:

Hi, I been trying to up date my blog for a few weeks now but my Internet Explorer was down.
I landed at Heathrow on 20, of May, and after getting through costoms I when out to find my nephew John. He was nowhere to be found no one was there to pick me up. I called the number I had with me andkept getting a wrong number sighnal. My heavy suitcase and I wandered from one end of the airport to the other and was getting upset. After about fourty minutes or so I went to the information station and talked to ladies there, while I was talking to her a man walked up and spoke to the other lad. The lady was asking my name when the young man standing next to me turned around and said aunt Maria, I been looking all over for you where have you been. Fell into each other arms and laught. "Two souls with on mind." I stayed with the Brett's John, Julliane, their children Emma and Alex for a few days. My nephew Paul and his wife Barbara took me out to a Pub for fish and chips at lunch time a few days later and afterward I spend a few relaxing hours with them sitting in their lovely garden until their boys Nicklas and Joeseph came home from school it was great to talk to them. I hadn't met the youngest "Joe" yet. The last time I was England was in March, 203, when my sister Vicki died. Ed, Vicki's husband is now in a home so we went to see him, he has lost his short time memory, but he knew me and we had a pleasent time talking about the old times. On Saturday John and Alex took me the Lancashire to visit the oldest son Frank and had lovely evening. the next day his friend Rose and his daughter Hannah and I went to a beautiful old estate, the house was kept in pristine condition and the ground were lovely, it even had his own church. We had lunch there it is a tourist attraction and the have tours every weekend. Rose had us over to her house for dinner and we went for a drive afterward she wanted to show us some egrets hatching there young, and we saw them out on the lake. She had brought her dog along so we took him for a walk through a pasture of sheep, with baby sheep crying for there mama it was fun to watch. The only thing I didn't like about England was driving on the wrong side of the street and everythings was so small. Parking the car is very dificult. Frank drove me back to St. Albans where the other Brett's live. Julliane and John took me to a beautiful serine garden where Vickie's was put to rest and we spend some quite time reflecting with a few tears mingled in. We all went to a nice restaurant the last evening and Ed and I had a great time reminsicing about the past. Paul took me to Heathrow next morning, the weather had been great all week but it was drizzling when I left. I had a wonderful time everywhere I went. The flight back home was the worse part fo the trip, I was even hungery on the flight. "America is the best country in the world I hope you all appreciate it." Thanks until next time Maria.

No comments:

Post a Comment